Now Hiring: Client Relationship Manager
Join us! We are looking for a Client Relationship Manager to help steer our client work across an array of projects, with primary responsibilities including financial management (invoicing and tracking), internal project management across our small team and client first-response “triage.”
This position is currently remote, with potential for optional, flexible office time in the New York City area in the future. That said, if you are in the NY area, we’d love to meet for coffee as part of the interview process!
Social Ink works with progressive nonprofits, educational institutions and select small business to create powerful, impactful websites and web applications. We respect work as labor and strongly believe in the division of work and personal life and avoid non-emergency work, including communications, on weekends or outside standard business hours.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Financial management of invoicing, payment tracking, and follow-up;
- Communications with clients, including initial communications, coordinating as appropriate to senior design and development personnel and ongoing project milestone tracking;
- Client management for large milestone meetings, including coordinating dates and times, attendance, next steps and action-oriented notes;
- Staging project management systems for new client on-boarding and internal CRM administration.
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator who manages expectations and projects with attention to detail as well as an understanding of big picture business and client strategy.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Comfort with discussing invoicing, finances, money, and billing with clients;
- 2-3+ years experience in a nonprofit, advocacy, creative agency or other professional environment, with preference for digital experience at a firm/agency or foundation/association;
- Strong project management skills – able to wrangle a team towards a big picture goal and write action-oriented follow up emails, meeting notes and summaries;
- Comfortable managing external partners/agencies via phone, remote video, email and in person;
- Strong interpersonal writing skills;
- Innovative and solutions-oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility in approach to project assignments;
- Strong computer skills, including managing email, CMS and CRM systems, as well as a working knowledge of other web-based, document-centric tools and platforms;
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent;
- Social Ink requires employees to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
We’re also looking for:
- Holistic and innovative approach to systems pertaining to project finances and workflows, comfortable learning new tools and technology;
- Experience with basic invoicing and financial data management;
- Experience with web design processes;
- A working knowledge of the fundamental, non-technical mechanics of how websites work;
- Administrative experience with WordPress CMS.
The salary for this role will match industry standards and be relevant to your past work experience. Social Ink offers healthcare, vacation and retirement benefits, including an annual work from home stipend, and flexible and reasonable allowances for medical absence (sick leave).
About Social Ink
Social Ink is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage everyone interested in this position to apply, experience or otherwise, as we are willing to train and grow with an individual with qualifications.
Social Ink has been creating websites for progressive nonprofits, institutions, and small business since 2007. We are based in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more at https://social-ink.net.
How to Apply
Please email a brief letter of introduction along with desired salary, resumé and two references to jobs [at] social [dash] ink [dot] net, or fill out our contact form.